To us, outdoor advertising provides a canvas that is integrated, dynamic, and increasingly technological. A canvas on which to tell rich and relevant brand stories. At Vector Media, the largest transit advertising company in the US, we make the most of this canvas, connecting brands to consumers through an innovative media and experiential marketing platform that inspires creativity and delivers measurable impact. We work with brands to create meaningful experiences out in the world that make people stop, look up from their phones, and smile.
What We Value
- Creativity: We are resourceful, inventive and take pride in creating dynamic campaigns for our advertisers.
- Collaboration: We value diversity and work in concert as a team. It’s more fun that way.
- Thoughtfulness: We are purposeful in our goals and our efforts to achieve them.
- Accountability: We are responsive and reliable and take ownership of our actions.
- Growth: We value learning, as well as the ambition and perseverance it requires.
- Fun: We’re unabashedly cheeky at times, and never take ourselves too seriously.
The Account Executive role is an individual contributor, sales position that proactively calls on companies, and the decision-makers. The Account Executive will establish and cultivate relationships through regular contact (via phone calls, emails, meetings) with prospective customers. You will leverage Vector’s unique asset offerings and delivery methodologies and position Vector as the OOH vendor of choice within our local markets. This position sells mobile, transit, digital, billboards, experiential and street furniture.
What You Are:
- A quick learner and self-motivated with a strong sense of professionalism, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight deadlines!
- A thorough worker, attentive to details and very organized.
- A note-taker!
What You’ll Bring:
- Must have a proven record of exceeding sales quotas over an extended period in an outside sales position within the last 1-2 years.
- Experience presenting and selling products that require a long sales cycle and multiple touch points within a prospect company.
- High level of organization, skill, and experience managing sales pipeline.
- Comfort level with negotiating terms of a delivered proposal.
- Ability to travel to and from for prospect visits and industry events.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to create and attend networking events.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills that extend to internal team members in pre/post sales is preferred.
- Proficiency in all aspects of the sales cycle, including qualifying accounts is preferred.
- Experience selling mobile/digital advertising ecosystem a plus.
- Ability to understand products and effectively identify how it can provide value to a prospective client is preferred.
- 2+ years of client direct or OOH sales experience is preferred.
- Local market knowledge required for this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Independently managing time, account list, and travel in a way that maximizes the number of sales calls via phone, email, and direct, in-person customer interactions.
- Prospecting for new customers and managing your personal sales pipeline.
- Consistent and detailed use of the CRM system to track and manage all sales activities and pipeline opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal creative departments and clients to assist in development of effective advertising campaigns.
- Partner with Charting, Creative, Operations and Administrative staff to ensure on time delivery of advertisements in agreed upon locations.
- Assist in the collection of invoices.
- Meet a preassigned sales quota.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Attend weekly sales meetings.
- Build a sales pipeline equal to at least four times your monthly quota.
Vector Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19: Your safety is our top priority, and we continue to maintain diligent safety measures in all our Vector facilities. Vector strives to provide flexibility and reasonable accommodations to our employees where needed.